It’s hard to deny that the digital landscape is shifting away from text and is becoming mostly dominated by imagery. On a multifaceted sphere such as the World Wide Web, this shift makes sense. With all the content out there, why spend time reading information when you can absorb much of the same information with a single glance. On the Internet, a picture really is worth a thousand words. As a business, this can be incredibly invaluable, especially when it comes to marketing your service or product. Not only can a visual marketing campaign help your business connect with consumers, it can also help drive more sales conversions and growth. Here are five benefits of visual digital content marketing for businesses.
- It will make people more engaged and stick around longer on your website. Bounce rate is a meter used to measure how many people leave your website after getting to the first page – otherwise known as the landing page or home page. Studies have shown that if you introduce visitors to your website with lots of texts, there is a higher chance that they will “bounce” off your site. With visual content, however, visitors are more inclined to click on other pages and maybe purchase something.
- It will increase your conversion rates. Indeed, if people are spending more time on your site, you are also increasing the likelihood that they will make a purchase. On the web, there may be three or four other major competitors who also sell your product, so being able to hold on to a visitor’s attention span long enough for them to make a purchase is hugely important. Not only that, but having bright, high definition visual imagery will make people trust your brand over other brands, which can also boost the conversion rate.
- It will make your other campaigns more successful. Indeed, by using visual imagery in your marketing campaigns, you can effectively boost the success rate of other campaigns. For instance, using strong visual imagery can attract more people to your social media page. It can also make people want to share imagery on their social media page, which can also boost your business’ social standing on the web.
- It will make your brand more recognizable and familiar. Familiarity is the key to building trust among consumers and trust is the number one way to make your business more successful. So, by having imagery that consumers can connect with, you can essentially build more awareness in your particular demographic or niche. If you think about all the brands out there, you can probably bring to mind some of some visual imagery that stands out – the same is true in the digital sphere.
- It will allow you to boil down complicated concepts and make them easy to understand and digest. It can be hard to digest some concepts and ideas, especially when it comes to marketing your product. This is why using digital language, like the language of infographics, can be so advantageous. With a single visual graph, you can make whatever you are trying to say much easier to understand. In the end, this will allow you to connect more efficiently with consumers and it will make your marketing campaign that much more successful.